Friday, February 29, 2008

Thoughts on a Friday

Yesterday when I went and picked up our house keys (which by the way were left under the door mat by the sellers, a little odd if you ask me) I wandered through the house taking it all in; and then since there was nothing really for me to do in an empty house, I just sprawled myself out on the living room floor to wait for Tera to come pick me up. It felt good to finally be able to call the house ours.

And now it is Friday and tomorrow is the big moving day. I can't stop thinking of all the things that we still need to do before everyone comes to help tomorrow morning. We need to make trips to stores, clean the house, and there is still a lot to pack up. And I'm sitting here at work where things are a little slow for me at the moment (we are waiting to hear back from the clients on all six of my projects, and because of the nature of what I do there is very little for me to work on in the meantime) and I'm am thinking that I should just leave and get to work preparing for our move. It is especially hard on a Friday, with the weekend in sight, to have little to do to keep me busy at work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I spent a lot of time wondering how things went for you on Saturday. I hope that your move went smoothly and that everyone's backs recovered (especially if there was any really heavy lifting). Once you get settled, I'd love to hear more about your neighborhood, your new ward, etc. How much time was actually cut off from your commute? Take care.