Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Deed is Signed

Tera and I are now officially homeowners! We closed on our house yesterday evening, all the funding and recording should take place today, and sometime today we will be meeting up with our Realtor to get the keys. Other than the fact that we just acquired a large amount of dept and handed over the largest check (down payment and closing costs) we will ever give in a very long time, I don't really feel any different. I was hoping that there would all of a sudden be some transfer of homeowner wisdom and knowledge, but there was nothing. All that happened at the signing (other than signing and initially everything including the kitchen sink) is that I single handedly ate most of the cookies that were set out for us by the title company.

We have been really excited to finally have a house and it is still hard to believe that the moment has actually arrived. I think it won't be until we have actually moved our stuff in that it will really feel like our house. We really can't wait to move in this weekend. If any of you who read this need something to do on Saturday, come on over at about 9am and we will put you to work!

No comments: