Sunday, February 24, 2008

Homeowners at last...

As many of you already know, Kevin and I have been living with my parents for a year (almost to the day) now. My parents and Keegan have been so gracious putting up with our quirks and our CRAZY dog Milly. Our intention was to stay only a few months, but then life happened, so here we are. This week we sign on our new house. I don't know what I really expected of house buying, but I know I never expected it to be as easy as it has been.

Here's our house buying story...

In December, Kevin and I decided that our financial situation was such that we should start looking for a home. People had been telling us that now was the time to buy. Well, we didn't really know how to go about buying a house! (Really, we hadn't done anything so crazy before!) So we emailed a realtor who quickly responded. In January we started looking for houses. We found a few we liked, but they were definitely out of our price range. We spent about 2 weeks looking. That was the most stressful time of all. Eventually we narrowed it down to 2 houses we liked, went and saw them again, and put an offer in on the one we liked best. The second time we walked in (speaking for myself) it felt like our house. Strange feeling. We "battled" with the sellers for a while, but finally agreed on a price that we could both live with. The inspections and loan have all gone well. Maybe that means it was meant to be! I like to think so. The past 3 weeks have gone so slow, and this week we will officially become homeowners. Besides the fact that we feel like we are signing our lives away, we are very excited and ready for this new adventure!

More details AND pictures to come!

1 comment:

Allie said...

We are so excited for you two!.. or three, rather... who can forget Milly?! And she will have a whole yard to herself! We can't wait to see more pictures, and more importantly, we can't wait to visit! Hope all goes well, it was definitely meant to be. I'm so jealous...