Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wintertime Blues

I thought by this point in the year, that the snow would have melted. Doesn't it usually melt by this time in Utah? Well, not this year! I am not one to complain about the snow, cold and cloudiness. I am actually usually the one that loves a cloudy day lounging in the pajamas, snuggling up in a blanket with a good book. But this year I have had it with the winter weather! I am ready for some sunshine and warmth. I would even venture to say that I wouldn't mind wearing some capris and no socks! Just flip flops. (Not that I would wear socks with capris or flip flops!)


This depression brought on by the weather may have something to do with the fact that my 3rd graders have had the equivalent of 3 weeks of inside recess because of snow/below 25 degree weather. Who can handle an entire day with no breaks, being cooped up inside. Or it may be brought on because of my inability (and hatred) for driving in the snow. The other day there were drivers on the freeway for 5+ hours because of bad roads and poor visibility. It could be that I haven't even made a snowman this year, but it is just too darn cold to do any such thing! It might also have something to do with my tendancy to worry about Kevin walking to the bus stop in 10 degree weather, trudging through the snow. Who has fun doing that?!

So if you have suggestions for my wintertime blues, I would love to hear them because March 20 is seeming very far away!

3 comments:

Allie said...

I know the solution!... come to Arizona! No snow, only clear skies and sunny weather! AND you can wear flip flops and capris! We would love for you to come, but know that it probably won't happen. So here's another solution... just pretend that the snow is gone and the sun is shining by cranking up the heat, OH, maybe go tanning...that would help! As far as the kids and being cooped up all day...not sure but the warmer weather is coming soon! Love you!

Unknown said...

So much for global warming. I don't blame you for wanting spring to come. I look forward to it here too.

Kimberlee said...

I don't really have any suggestions either since I'm in the same boat as you...although picturing you in capris & flipflops with socks brought a smile to my face!