Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Project

I was in need of a summer project, so I decided to change up my room. There were probably other rooms that needed it more, but I thought my room was more manageable. So here is a before and after picture.


Before
(So boring and dark, don't you think?)

After
(So much brighter. I wasn't so sure about the color at first, but now I love it!)

There is still work to be done, but I am pretty darn proud of myself for taking on this project and doing it almost completely by myself...picking the stuff (very hard for me to make those decisions), painting, moving furniture, putting together a book shelf, sewing curtains. It was all quite exhilarating because I actually did it. I wasn't sure I could. Now I am ready for the next room!

**Thanks to dad for the ceiling fan...I am not roasting in bed every night! Thanks to Kim for the help with the curtains.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tera! It looks great. This was a fun post b/c it is so reminiscent of the fun shows that I love to watch on HGTV. Your room definitely looks more inviting now and the color is really nice. Good work!

Jen@Because I can said...

Looks cute! I LOVE the color! Maybe this will motivate me to do something new with my house! Good job!

Allie said...

Tera, it is just beautiful! You did a great job. The color is gorgeous and your curtains look amazing!

Monique said...

Hey hey! I like both rooms, but I agree with the brightness of the second one and the curtains are brilliant! I feel like it should be on some Febreeze commercial or something. woot woot!

Charity said...

Way to go, Tera!! It looks like a very refreshing place to be, which is just what you need in a bedroom!!!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

It looks really great.

Dailie said...

It looks so pretty! I love it! Alot better then the other room I think.

Amy said...

Wow! I LOVE IT! My bedroom could definitely use a similar makeover...although it would not start out as nice as your before picture! :-)

K.J. said...

Looks great! Good job girl!

The Sims Family said...

I love the blue, Tera! It looks like a refreshing retreat from the world.

Dawn said...

I love it too! This morning I just stood in the doorway and looked...it is such a happy room!