Since this has become a sort of journal for me, I am going to share a bit of me I don't usually like to share.
I don't know why, but I have been struggling. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. A need to be better. Not only to be better, but in a specific way.
I want to become the person that anyone can talk to, anyone can trust, because I won't share anything they share with me. I won't try to come out "ahead" in the conversation.
I want to be the person that compliments the other person instead of worrying about what stupid thing I am going to say or what stupid thing I am going to do.
I want to be the person that can talk to anyone and not be the shy person that I typically am. It keeps me from saying things I really do want to say or do. I don't want to worry about what the other person is thinking about me.
It feels like I have stopped growing. I have stopped becoming the Tera I know I can be. Fear seems to be the biggest hurtle.
I am TRYING.
I am trying to get out of my comfort zone.
Take the time to listen to those around me.
Work on strengthening relationships with family and friends.
Be friendly and sincere.
Be a person someone turns to when they need something.
What else do I do? How do I really become the person I WANT to be? Is it something I will ever achieve? Or is this a struggle that is meant to last a life time?
I feel better. It may not make any sense to you, but putting those thoughts into words was, well, therapeutic.
Thanks to so many of you for being that person to me!
4 weeks ago


3 comments:
Tera, we all NEED to be better, but we all don't have the desire. Your desire helps ME desire the same thing. Just better. At Enrichment Tues. we learned that we can ask our Heavenly Father to help us with ANY weaknesses and they can become our strengths. Crazy I know. But it requires a ton of faith, I assume. :) So you got the desire and you got the faith, so I think you are pretty much set. And if one of my favorite quotes doesn't help out, I don't know what will, "Try a LITTLE harder to be a LITTLE better." Pres. Hinckley ... a little bit at a time. Can't I just have it right now? I mean, patience is definitely not my strength... I guess you know what I will be praying for tonight! ha! Thanks for this.
Just wanted to let you know what an inspiring person you are! And also to tell you that when we were roommates you WERE that person for me! I knew I could always "vent" to you and that you would be there for me! I don't think I would have survived college without you! So, thanks for that, and thanks for inspiring me to try a little harder to be the person I want to be! Love ya!
Tera, I have to say, at the family reunion last weekend I felt like you were all of those things and more. It was so fun to talk to you. So...you are definitely on the right track!
Post a Comment