Today I got to attend the dedication of the Draper Temple. I feel a bit remorseful because for a while I didn't feel it was really important that I attend. I am really grateful I did. I needed the reminder that it is such a blessing to have the gospel. Not that I don't appreciate it, but I often take it for granted that I have always been a member.
My focus this Sunday was the temple. Right after Kevin died, the reality of eternity felt so real, and I NEEDED to have an eternal perspective or I wouldn't make it through. Well, that eternal perspective hasn't been so ever-present the past couple of months. I needed the reminder today that families really are eternal. I will get to have an eternal family. And eternity is worth waiting for...as far away as it seems right now. I am so grateful for temples. I am grateful that I am sealed to Kevin for eternity. I am grateful for the eternal perspective that gets me through. I am grateful to know that things really do work out.
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
Hey Tera, thanks for the remainder. I am also grateful for eternal families. I am sad that I missed the temple dedication. Since we couldn't take Addy, Kyle was going to go but I was sick and he stayed home to help.
It is a good reminder for all of us. Once again Tera, you continue to amaze me! I'm glad you got to go to dedication. Doing stuff like that can always get the real perspective into focus. Love ya!
Tera, You seriously made Emma's day! She was so excited to get a card from you. You have no idea how much she admires and loves you. She thinks you are so great and is just drawn to you!! Obviously she is a good judge of character. Thank you for your example and the reminder. I too, find it hard to keep that eternal perspective and need to be reminded by the spirit quite often. I do know that things do work out, and life is good!
Post a Comment