My amazing cousin Alisa, asked me a while back what she and her family could do for Kevin and I as we deal with yet another battle with cancer and chemo. There is obviously tons to do with a new house, but we thought it would be nice to have some help with our yard. Originally we were going to start a garden and plant trees and flowers. It ended up being more work for our loved ones than they bargained for, but we are sure enjoying the life in our yard now. I wish I had taken before and after pictures, so you will just have to picture the "before" yourself. We had sandstone rocks in the space in front of our yard and along the driveway. In the grow box in front of our window we had a few bushes. Now we have the best yard on the block thanks to my fabulous family! Enjoy the pictures of our truly selfless helpers!

Cousin's Matt and Jon working hard!

Dad, Cousin Josh (Alisa's husband), and Brock (brother-in-law)

Alisa (cousin), and Kim (sister) planting beautiful flowers!

Aunt Denise and Keegan (brother)--the tree planters
Thanks everyone, for making our yard look so lovely! Sorry to those that I don't have pictures of, just know your help was appreciated! Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I am not the family photographer. I will post pictures of the "after" when I take them!
4 comments:
What a lovely gift!! I'm so glad you had some helpers with your yard, since you and Kevin (and Sarah) were such great helpers in our yard last summer!! Enjoy the flowers and trees, etc.
I'm also very grateful to all that helped you out. What a fun day to spend with everyone you love. We miss you all tons! And love you dearly!
I wish we could have been there to help too! It looks great from what I can see... can't wait to see it (and you) in person! Love you guys!
you weren't kidding when you said you got a butt shot of me....what can I pay you to take that picture off?
P.s. thanks for the oatmeal bath for ellie
Post a Comment