Our restful weekend almost wasn't! On Friday I got a message on my phone from my mom. All she said was "Tera call me. Grandpa's in the hospital." I didn't really know what to think, but immediately panicked. Was grandpa okay? What does this mean? Not something else to worry about? (If you know me, there is ALWAYS something to worry about!) Then I thought--wow, when it rains, it really does pour! I called mom, and found out that grandpas kidneys really were failing, and he had woken on Friday morning having a hard time breathing. Today he is at the hospital in Grand Junction, and he will hopefully be home soon.
Now, on to our story. So I talked to mom, had a little pity party for myself, (I am good at those) and then I put a smile on my face and taught for the rest of the day. I was sure Kevin wouldn't want to go to Monticello without grandma and grandpa there. Oh, plus it was SNOWING! Utah weather?! Anyway, Kevin was determined to go. You have to understand that once we have a plan, Kevin doesn't like to change those plans. We jumped in the car at 5, and headed to my "safe place."
Needless to say, it just wasn't the same without grandma and grandpa there, but I had a nice time. Kevin slept most of the weekend to avoid some bathroom issues he has been dealing with for the past 5 years! I got to hang out with Hardy's. They may not have enjoyed themselves, but it was sure nice to have someone to talk to during Kevin's "naps." So thanks to the Hardy's! I attempted to make waffles. They are always so good at grandma's house, so I decided to see if it was grandma or the waffle iron that made the waffles so good. It is definitely grandma!
It has been a week of torture, but today I feel like I have found some peace amid the panic. I feel like my thoughts are more positive and faithful. Why can't Kevin beat this? He has beat the odds at least 4 times already. I finally ate a usual size meal instead of starving myself. That is an improvement! (My stomach has been in knots, and I worry myself sick.) I was actually enjoying my job today. I know many of these feelings are because of the prayers many of you have offered. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What would we do without you all!
3 weeks ago

7 comments:
What is it about Monticello? I sure do love it there. Bright Idea=Let's all move there!! (they need teachers there right?)
We're sending lots of prayers & good vibes & positive thinking your way - glad to hear it's working, even just a little. :)
I like Dawn's idea. Keep up the good work, Tera. You and Kevin are amazing examples to all of us. You have been in Mike's and my prayers all week.
I am glad that you were able to take a break from things. My prayers and thoughts are almost constantly with you. What are your plans for Easter?
Oh, the waffles! I bet they were good anyway. Im glad to hear Kevin got to sleep. Hang in there guys!
I hope your Grandpa is ok. So glad you guys got away. I wish you were coming to Florida with us!!!
You guys really are amazing. P.S. I think you deserve to have pity parties ANYTIME you want! Thanks for the fun at COZY!
Post a Comment