I walked my kids to their lab class today. As I was holding the door for my kids to walk in, one of the kids that goes to labs with my class (but is not in my class) ran right by me. Now most kids know they are not supposed to run in school. His aid was with him, but he managed to get past her as well. The art teacher saw him run through the classroom to his spot, and very patiently asked him to walk back to the door and "try that again." Well, he proceeded to run back to the door, and then he ran back to his place on the carpet. This time the aid and the art teacher asked him once again to walk. Well, as he was WALKING back to the door--very grudgingly--he said, "I can't help it! My shoes are just so fast!"
When I ran into his teacher in the hall on my way back to the classroom, I told her what he said. She told me he just got new shoes, and he has been running around ALL DAY! I think I need to get me some of those shoes!
I needed to share the funny things they say because right now at school there isn't much to "cheer" about. Tattle telling, complaining, test preparation, and parent teacher conferences are about all that is going on at school right now. Not really much to look forward to every day! I am just counting down the days to a much needed Spring Break!
3 weeks ago

5 comments:
A much needed spring break in Arizona?? he he! I still would love for you to come if you can. That is a cute story, little kids are so funny. Hope parent teacher conferences go well, love you!
That is so funny..."I can't help it, my shoes are just too fast". I think I bought the "slow" shoes because I can't seem to move today! When Ellie was taking a nap this morning I made Jackson lay in bed with me and read ME stories so I could "rest my eyes"!! Maybe we need to have a party this weekend celebrating PTC being OVER!!!
Yeah for finding the fun in the day!! Sometimes that is a little tricky.
I wish I had something clever to add to this, but really, I just wanted you to know that 1) I am an avid reader of your blog, and 2) I think you and your husband are, in a word, exquisite. That is all.
I need some of those shoes! I'm glad that parent teacher conferences are over for you...just think...after testing the year is almost over!
Post a Comment