Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Gratitude List

You know me and lists. Every so often (just like journal writing) I start a list of things I am grateful for, just so I can go back and read it later and remember those wonderful things. For the past couple of days I have been feeling very grateful for many things. I have never been good with words, and expressing my gratitude is not always easy, but I have really been overwhelmed with gratitude. So, each day until Thanksgiving, (and maybe even longer), I am going to share the things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for Kevin. I am grateful that he is not longer suffering. I know he is doing a great work in heaven. Him and his life play a major role in my life. I can't think of a more eloquent way to say it. I miss him so much, it is painful. But time has done some healing. I am learning that everything is in the Lord's time, and He is aware of me and my needs. I need to learn some life lessons on my own, without the wonderful support of my sweetheart.

I am grateful that the seasons change. I go crazy when there isn't any change in my life. Usually I resort to changing the desks around in my classroom. (Which, by the way, I did about 20 times last year. No joke!) I don't even mind the cold and snow. In every season there is something to be grateful for. Along that same note, I am grateful for a garage. It keeps my car cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I can fit 2 cars in it. I am sure many of you cannot say that about your garage!

I am grateful for family. Whenever I think of the family unit, I feel such peace. I know that families are of God. Without eternal families, the plan of happiness would be frustrated. I am so blessed to have an amazing family. They are always there, they are the ones I rely on, and I hope they can rely on me. We have such a great time when we are together, and we have so many happy memories. I am grateful for the eternal family I started with Kevin. Even though we are separated here, I know we will be together again someday. Because I married Kevin, I now have amazing in-laws. I am grateful for them and the role they play in my life. Even though I don't get to see them often, I think about them and pray for them. I hope I can continue that relationship with them. (Jeffs' family...I have no great pictures of the group. Can anyone help me?)


Until tomorrow my friends...

5 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Thanks for sharing your gratitude list! The more we think about what we are grateful for, the more we will notice what we have been given! I need to do that more!

Unknown said...

I'm grateful for having a sister-in-law that demonstrates such great strength and faith, even during times of adversity. Thanks for your example and the unspoken reminder to be more grateful. I look forward to the rest of your list.

Monique said...

What a great time to think about gratitude. Well, actually we should think about it all the time, but it's a great reminder! Thanks and we hope to see you soon!

Allie said...

How grateful I am for you, Tera! I love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Dawn said...

I'm grateful that Tera makes me be a better person because she is such a good person. :)