Sunday, May 3, 2009

The 6th

I will never forget the 6th. It is one of those days that will forever be engraved upon my memory. On Wednesday, Kevin will have been gone for 9 months. It hit me once again this week, the grief. I was driving around southeast Provo and drove by our old apartment. I drove around the block and to the park where we would take walks when we were dating. A rush of memories flooded over me: holding hands, first kiss, playing red rover, blanket walks, long conversations, wedding plans, cancer, break up, the proposal, friends, and I had to get away. It was so strange. I guess this week has been a challenge just because so much is going on that I want to share with him...

spring,
a garden,
a bike ride,
accomplishments in my own life,
bad news,
something I learned,
personal challenges,
a rainstorm,
birthdays,
love,
coming home.

Someday I will get that chance again. Until then...

8 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Tera, Wish I was there to give you a hug! Love ya!

Laura Woodbury said...

I am such a bad friend!!! I have totally been thinking about you all week and have let my busy schedule come in the way of calling you! I am sorry!!!! I need to come see you- let's get together soon.

The Sims Family said...

We love you, Tera! We wish we were closer to share some of those things with you. :-)

Monique said...

Oh sweet Tera. You are such a great example to us all. I teared up with you. "Mourn with those who mourn" sometimes is all that I can do this far away. You are on my prayer list and I hope that bad news wasn't too bad. Love you!

Fuller Family said...

Tera you are wonderful and I love you so much! I know I can't replace Kevin but I am here to talk and I am a great listener! I love you!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

Tera, ditto what Kelsi said. I am home almost all the time so drive over and share your accomplishments and bad days with me.

Angie said...

Big hugs, Tera. I'll come take a blanket walk with you. I know I can't take Kevin's place, but I'm here in Utah now and I miss our own Rexburg blanket walks.

Dawn said...

Probate is dumb! I am out of shape!but most of all....You are AMAZING!