I went from one end of Utah (well, Rexburg isn't in Utah, but you get the picture) to the other this month. No loneliness here for now. I am so grateful for my amazing family that keep me busy. Last weekend I spent my Fall Break at Grandma and Grandpa Washburn's house. It is a safe haven for me. When Kevin was re-diagnosed with cancer, that was our getaway from the world. He loved being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. So I headed to Monticello for some much needed R & R. I always get a lot of that when I am there. Maybe it is the small town, the true "getaway" from reality, the incredible people there--but it really is a great place. So I spent my time relaxing. Here are a few of the highlights:
Grandma and I picking apples
(You wouldn't think it was that fun, but I LOVED it. So much better than picking raspberries, tomatoes or weeds!)
Aunt Laurie, McKale, and Mom at Alyssa's volleyball game
(The pictures of the actual game didn't turn out too well.)
My cute grandpa taking a walk
(We went to the cemetary to take a walk because the weather was SO BEAUTIFUL!)
Grandma and McKale sewing
(I was cutting up Kevin's t-shirts to make a quilt, so it was "crafting" day.)
No trip to Monticello is complete without a ride up the mountain.
Here is a deer we spotted on our drive.

7 comments:
I have always enjoyed hearing about your trips to Monticello. It sounds much more magical than the Monticello I know (the one in Indiana -- those that read this blog and have been there can probably vouch for me on that one). I'd like to have a place like that some day. It's good to hear that you had a nice break.
Sounds great, Tera!! It does sound like a magical place, and actually you've been to the Monticello Ed is referring to. Do you remember going to Indiana Beach with us when you and Kevin visited before you were married? That little town is Monticello, and I'd say yours does sound more magical, although Indiana Beach is a fun place : ).
Tera, how fun for you! I always love to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house too.
Looks like you had a good time. It is nice to have a safe place to retreat to!
I am so jealous! I love going to Grandma and Grandpa's too. There is something special about Monticello, but I think its all the great company! Love you!
What connections do you have in Monticello? That is where my mom grew up. I still have family there too.
Wendy, my mom grew up there. My grandparents and an aunt live in Monticello. I also have an aunt that lives in Blanding. I wonder if your family knows my family!
Post a Comment