Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cared For

3 months of being taken care of... I didn't even know it was possible to be so cared for.  I am truly learning how to accept offers of love and support, which isn't that easy for me.  I want to be so independent, but I can't do everything myself.  

Today I was writing in my journal about Kevin's last few days on earth, and I felt overwhelmed with a feeling of knowing that I am being cared for.  Heavenly Father knew that losing Kevin was going to be hard for me.  I couldn't have gone through all that I have (and continue to go through) without my Heavenly Father and the angels in heaven watching over me, but I also know I couldn't do it without my earthly angels.  

I am being taken care of by...

loving parents who always make sure I have what I need
sisters and a brothers (and sisters and brothers-in-law) who call and comfort
nieces and nephews who call, email, or just play with me
other family who pray for me and love me
visiting teachers who care enough to not just visit, but EAT with me
a ward that doesn't let me sit by myself--always surrounded by their loving arms
the young men who took care of the sprinkling system (and mowed the lawn)
co-workers who make teaching a lot easier
cousins having girls nights
neighbors who watch out for me
friends who email just to see how I am doing
students who try their very best

Kevin, who still loves me and doesn't leave my mind...he keeps me going

But mostly, Heavenly Father.  He knows what and who I need every second of everyday!  I am grateful for Him and His joyous plan for me.  

Thanks for taking care of me!

11 comments:

Charity said...

Thanks, Tera. We sure do love you. Just tonight, Eliza was asking me some questions about Kevin, and what he was doing now. Who he was seeing, etc. The kinds of things 6 year olds would wonder. It was out of the blue. It made me wonder how often the kids think about Kevin that I'm not aware of. I'm sure much more than I'll ever know. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you amaze me. I so want to have your strength and understanding. Please know that I am here too, only 10 minutes from your front door, for anything you might need. Even if it is something as a "dinner date". I would love that! Take care of you. Thank you for your continued example of unwaivering faith.

Kimberlee said...

Believe it or not...you take care of us! You are a blessing in all of our lives and we don't know what we'd do without YOU!!!

lisa said...

As I read your post I couldn't stop crying...you are so amazing! I have learned so much from you...You're able to see the good even in trials. You are an angel to me...so many times you have been there to support and strengthen me when it should have been the reverse!! I too know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and that he will never let you down. Love you!!

Jen@Because I can said...

You are one amazing person Tera! I wish I could do more for you, but know that every time I read a post of yours, or an email, I learn from you and am so blessed to know you!

Laura Woodbury said...

I Love You!! I feel like I don't do enough for you! Please (seriously) let me know how to help you out more. Just know that I think of you often and keep you in my constant prayers. You are a strength to me and alot of people you don't even know about. I appreciate our friendship!

Allie said...

You continue to amaze me, Tera. YOU are an angel. And what a blessing it is to know that Heavenly Father does have a plan for you. He loves you and we do too! Can't wait for you to visit!

Monique said...

It's amazing to me to see your strength. I admire you. You have some great faith that I will strive to someday be able to achieve. I am so glad that you feel His love for you and the peace that you can always have in your life, even when life seems chaotic. Isn't that amazing? Peace. We love you.

Heidi J. said...

you are so amazing!! I love you! and am so glad that we are friends but I fill like Laura I don't do enough but I would love to do more. so please call for anything.

Bryanna Johnson said...

We love you too, Tera

AnneMarie said...

Tera, you are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this post, it is what I needed to hear!