
Kevin's favorite wedding picture
Kevin and I were married 5 years ago tomorrow. It was the best day of my life! I only wish we had had more time together. Oh, how I miss him!
A little more than 6 years ago...
On our first date, we held hands. I loved it. Then he was patient enough to wait 2 months before our first kiss. I remember the first time he said "I love you." I have never felt like that before. It took my breath away--no one had ever loved me like that. He was diagnosed with cancer and I fell in love with him even more deeply. The best and hardest, most unforgettable 6 years of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
While loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Lao Tzu

23 comments:
Tera, you amaze me! Your strength is outstanding! I love this picture! You guys look so happy and I know that he is sending you sweet kisses from heaven. Happy Anniversary!
I sometimes get frustrated and think that I should have just gotten married to somebody a few years ago--but now I remember why I keep waiting. Something amazing is possible-you and Kevin have it!!
Happy "Eternal" Anniversary! You two are an example of how marriage should be.
That is such a beautiful picture of you guys. Happy Anniversary!
I'm hoping your day can be filled with happy memories today. I love the phrase from Shelly- Happy "Eternal" Anniversary. The picture is beautiful and captures the love that you two share.
Tera, I will never forget how much you and Kevin love each other. The tender hugs and touches. The sweet kisses. You are an example to me of how marriage and love should be. Love is eternal! Oh, how I'm thankful for that truth. We love you, Tera! :::Big Hug:::
Tera, you deserve to be loved as well as Kevin loves you.
You are such a beautiful bride. I love the picture. Happy Anniversary (a day late).
Happy Anniversary! I too hope you can reflect on the Happy and fun memories you guys were able to share together. What a great picture of you two together!
Happy Anniversary! How nice it is to know that you two will have eternity together!
I hope the temple was good for you today. What a great place to be on your Anniversary. We're thinking of you and love you!
Thank you so much for sharing this. How special that you got to be at the temple, with Kevin, and have the comforting and calming spirit that is often missed in the daily tasks that we have to go through.
Happy Anniversary!it is always a comfort to know that it is for eternity. I love the picture!! you are so beautiful!! I hope you are doing ok today.
What a great picture. Love the flowers!
Tera,,, it was good to see you and your family though the circumstances were not the best, i just want you to know how much i love and appreciate your family, I have always loved and respected your parents. you have such a great support system, I am positive that Kevin will always be with you. keep in touch if you'd like, elkjoey@yahoo.com
You are so beautiful Tera, inside and out! Thank goodness for the temple and the blessings of an eternal marriage. I hope you felt the spirit while in the temple. Love ya lots!
Happy Anniversary. Even though Kevin is not here physically to celebrate, I am sure he is thinking of his years with you too!
Anniversaries do not end because someone has gone on before us-they continue into eternity! Please know how much all of us love you and pray for you!
That is such a sweet post. I love you Tera, your amazing.
Tera, I went home teaching today. I asked the EQ Presidency to not assign me a companion for this month so that I could go one last time "with" Kevin. At Ryan and Laura's house I taught about the Plan of Salvation, Talia read from the Book of Alma about Paradise. With Jake and Amy we had a special discussion about Kevin's last testimony - how he spoke of family and the importance of family in this life. I felt the spirit today and it touched me. I wish I would have gotten to know Kevin better than I did. He made me want to be better. I have a little bit of understanding of what you are going through as my sister is a widow as well. If ever you need some company or someone to talk to please contact us and we would love to visit with you. It's like I told you that first time we met, you have a special way with children that I believe comes from your teaching as well as what I perceive to be your loving nature; I know my kids would love to hang out with you. Take care and may the Lord support you during this time. Jon Frampton
Tera, I am so sorry. I worked right beside you and had no idea what you were going through. I am shocked. Taryn Nilson sent me a link to your blog on facebook and thought I would want to know. I am so grateful for that. Are you still at Sunset, then? Thank you so much for creating this blog.
I know you don't know me, I am in the ward and I just wanted to tell you that your strength is amazing to us all. You could always tell how deeply you two loved eachother. We hope you are well and you know you could call any of us in the ward if you needed someone or something.
Tera, I found your blog on facebook and I just wanted you to know that your blog, your life and your story amazes me. Your strenght, your love, your way of showing how special your marriage was/is and how your testimony anchors all of us. Thank you for your strong example. Thank you for being such an example to all of us and for showing us what an eternal marriage is. Carla
Post a Comment