Before math today, my students got the let's-stay-focused-until-June lecture. I explained that I know they are excited for summer, but there's still a lot of work to do. This was brought on by inattention and chat, chat, chatting. Anyway, I told them that I was just as excited as they were about summer and that I know there are only 26 and a half days left of school, but let's keep working hard!. One of the girls raised her hand and said, quite shocked, "Teachers count the days until summer too?!" As I chuckled, I said that yes, we count down the days until summer. Hopefully I am not the only teacher that does that. Love my kids, but can't wait for summer!
26 days and counting...
3 weeks ago

6 comments:
That's cute. And teachers don't live at the school, either. I realize 6th graders are way past that, but it's been fun to see each of my kids make that realization- that teachers have "real" lives too : ). Yea!! for teachers!! and their "real" lives too!!
Wahoo!! Only 26 days?! Sa-weet!
I know I was counting down when I taught! I also remember thinking it was cool when you found out teachers had first names. Fun kids! And yay for SUMMER!
I Remember the days in elementary when teachers weren't real people, they didn't go shopping or go to movies and they certainly never wanted school to let out. Then what would they do? :)
Really....26 more days....does that seem like a long time to anyone else?
Tera,
I posted a count down on my blog...it shows how many days until school is actually out, not days of school left. But, I enjoy checking it every once in awhile.
:) I feel like a bit of a stalker here, but really, I'm not.
Post a Comment