Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I CAN'T WAIT...

About this picture:
I have no idea when this photo was taken, but I LOVE IT!
(Mostly because Kevin is in it and it was taken during my favorite time of year.)


Okay, okay, I can't wait...for
FALL!

Everything about this time of year makes me happy. Okay, ALMOST everything! I don't so much love Halloween.

I love the homemade peach shake I enjoyed last night, the fresh corn, and the home grown tomatoes from my plants!

I sat on my swing this evening, cringing at my dead lawn, but enjoying the cooler temperatures. Fall is not too hot, and not too cold.

The vibrant colors of leaves in the fall make me happy.

I love looking forward to "soup season."

I anticipate the holidays, just around the corner.

My birthday is in the Fall, so of course I love this time of year!

My wardrobe doesn't seem so bland, because now I have so many "new" things to wear. Welcome back jackets and sweaters!

No more mowing the lawn. (I know I have another month or so of that hard, physical labor.)

I enjoy change, so I am loving a new season.

In case you couldn't tell, if you ask my opinion, Fall is the best season of the year.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You've given me a new appreciation for the season. It's funny how if you shift your perspective you can view almost anything in a more positive light. I'd always thought of Fall as ushering out the fun times of Summer, etc.

As you've pointed out though, there really are some wonderful things about Fall. I love the picture you posted too. It looks like such a happy time, and the changing leaves are just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Jen@Because I can said...

I totally agree! Nothing is better than the fall!

Charity said...

I love Fall too!!

Dawn said...

I love sleeping with my window open again. And I too am quite excited for soup season...mmmm potato soup!

Allie said...

Fall is my favorite season too! There are SO many things to like about it! I'm looking forward to seeing what fall is like in Dallas - probably still warm but its already cooling off a little and I am loving it! Can't wait to see you!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

Tera, that picture was taken the fall after Kyle and I got married. So the year would be 2005 and it was right after I had my surgery at the beginning of school so I would say the month would be August or September. I don't know the date though. Kyle and I have a picture in that exact same spot that I think you guys took for us.