Sitting here listening to the thunder crashing and the pattering of raindrops, I thought of a song by Jo Dee Messina. (Yes, I do enjoy country music.) I thought I would look up the lyrics because I couldn't remember them, but after I read them just now, I thought how much life is like the song says...
It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
Then I started thinking about how each day I feel a little like this. One thing leads to another and then my day that started out okay, turns into something almost unbearable. There is no question that each trial feels like the rain. I do often feel defeated and hang my head. And oh, how I long for that tomorrow. And each time I make it through...maybe even a little stronger than I was before...I am sure grateful for the chance to start fresh.
Even though I am not sure I wanted the rain, in the end it was a good thing.
Thank goodness for tomorrows, so bring on the rain!
You can listen to the entire song here.

6 comments:
This is one of my favorite songs ever, particularly because it came out when it seemed the rain was coming down hard in our lives. I remember driving, listening to this song, thinking the same thing- "bring on the rain". Best of luck weathering all the little storms!!
I also love that song...like Charity it was very popular during a difficult time for me and I used to crank it up loud and sing along at the top of my lungs (when I was in the car by myself!)
That reminded me of a quote I heard once that goes something like this...Sometimes He calms the storm, but sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms the child. Life is full of storms...aren't you glad we know who to turn to for help in weathering them! They do make us stronger!
Hi Tera, I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog once in a while. I got the link in an email last year and I just love to read about how strong and thoughtful you are! We pass in the SSV halls and I helped in your classroom during testing forever ago. I just want you to know that I think you are an amazing person with more insight about life than people twice your age (me!). I wish you luck with your new class this year! I think you'll be awesome! See you in the school halls!
:) Sally Stosich
I liked this post. I am also familiar with the song and to some this may be a surprise, but I do enjoy it too.
Your "attempt" at being artistic is good too, by the way.
I guess we all feel this way at times right? Call me sometime and we can go get a treat to leave the "rain" behind!
Post a Comment