Thursday, January 22, 2009

Will it ever end?

At this time of the year, I start to wonder if January will ever end. I guess I feel it more so this year. As I cried my way home from work today, I decided to think about the things that make me happy right now, just so I can make it through January.

American Idol: I am so glad it is back. Oh the drama!
My amaryllis: it is blooming and makes me smile.
Exercise: one of my new year's resolutions. So far, so good.
Chips and salsa: my favorite snack. I think I eat it almost everyday.
Good company: thank goodness for people!
Lists: I think most of my posts are lists.
Checking things off my lists.
Soup: this is definitely the time to eat it.
Old love letters: this one has been a bit harder to do, and yet I still want to read them. Kevin was so romantic.
A good book: anyone have any suggestions? I am running out!
Cleaning house: there is always something to clean, and you know how I love "clean" sounds!

What keeps you going through January?

7 comments:

Jon Paul said...

Tera, I have to recommend The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. It's perfect January reading and it will have you laughing and crying in the same chapter. There are eight other books in the series (and counting), and all of them are so uplifting and witty.

Allie said...

Living in AZ gets me through January! Why don't you come visit, the weather is fabulous and will lift your spirits! I would also love some help cleaning, I can't make myself do anything lately. I am opposite of you... I am lazy! I love you so much!

Unknown said...

We'll have to "compare notes" as the season of American Idol unfolds. I think that's what gets me through January... It won't be long before the trees have leaves and flowers start blooming again. Hang in there!

Jen@Because I can said...

I just read a great book called The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. It is one of those books that makes you think! I loved it and couldn't put it down. I also just read Confessions of a Shopaholic, after I saw a trailer for the movie. But warning, there is some language in the book that is not rated PG, like the movie is. But it was laugh out loud funny.
And I know you are probably really sick of the snow, but here in St. Louis, we haven't had any snow (several snow days at school, but that is a whole other story!) and we still have the freezing cold weather! I think if you are going to have to deal with the cold, you should also be able to enjoy some pretty, peaceful snowfalls! But I don't miss the inversions and the gross old crusty snow! But soon it will be Spring!
Sorry this is such a long comment! Hope you survive January! I will be in Utah in Feb. for a wedding and would love to see you!

Bryanna Johnson said...

I really hate January, too, but I don't have any good suggestions!

Charity said...

Here's a realization that I had. When you notice the days are getting a little longer, it's a sure sign of Spring. It gives me hope when I realize things like it's much lighter when the kids ge on the bus, or it's still light out when we eta dinner, etc. Everyday, Spring is a little closer!!! That helps get me through January. Oh, and I'm excited about American Idol too. I'll have to join in the discussions with you and Ed...

Kimberlee said...

I think more nights like last night is how you get through January. That was fun. And buying a new hat so you don't have to do your hair. You definitely need that hat from target! How about homemade pizza? We could try a chicken alfredo pizza...huh? That sounds deliciouso. Let's do that tonight. You can get the shopoholic book tonight and start it. It is laugh out loud funny. Maybe we could black out the bad words??!!