Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A busy week

Have you ever had one of those weeks that aren't long enough?  I just finished one of those weeks.  Here are some of the things that kept me busy:

1.  Allie and Troy, my sister and brother-in-law and their kids have been here at my parents' house.  Each day it has been fun finding the kids playing outside, enjoying the beautiful fall weather. Wish the Hardy's could stay longer!
2.  I also had fun celebrating my 29th birthday.   A bit depressing, but it turned out great! Thanks to all who helped make the day better than I expected.
3.  Watching my mother try to get a project for Relief Society finished, but not being able to help much.  Funny how other people's stress becomes my own.
4.  Also trying to help mom and dad redo their room.  Troy, Allie, and Mom painted.  New carpet came.  BUSY!  
5.  Prep for school so I could enjoy conference and play with my family for the weekend.  
I also found out that my family got a house up in Midway.  So that added to the "to do" list, but it was fun to be with everyone in a beautiful house!   
6.  My brother got his Eagle on Sunday.  Go Keegan!

Conference was the best part!  It was so nice to feel spiritually fed. This conference, more so than many others, I felt the talks given were just for me!  I know we all feel that way at times, but it was wonderful to feel the spirit speaking to my soul.  

Here are a few pictures of the fun this week.

Dad having fun with the grandkids
Eagle Court of Honor
Enjoying General Conference
Chillin' with Sadie
We were twinners!  I love the top my mom and Allie gave me for my birthday.
Watching those crazy capsules that grow when you put them in hot water.  It brought back my own childhood memories of watching those things morph!

Hopefully this week will not be as crazy as last!  So far, so good.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Hey, happy 29th. We are the same age! Its too close to 30 isnt it?

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! I am so happy to see you smiling in your pics. I admire you so much! Now that I am not living at Mary's anymore I feel so out of "it". I hope you are well and please know I am here for whatever! Even if it is just a hair appt to have someone doll on YOU !!!! :)

Angie said...

Tera, you're so cute! I hope you had a good Birthday. Sounds like you have been busy.

Heidi J. said...

Im glad that you had a great weekend. I feel kinda dumb I forgot to wish you a happy b-day when I called and left a message when I hung up I about called back but I thought you would think I was crazy. We would still like to go do something with you. when things slow down so give me or Laura a call.or I will call later.I love the new shirt to.

Karen said...

Fun weekend and happy 29th. When you commented on the capsules you put in water and they grow, for a second I thought you were talking about the kids!!! They seem to grow every time baths roll around!

Allie said...

That was a busy week, but a fun one too! We miss you so bad already!