As family of Tera & Kevin, we are writing this post on their behalf. On Wednesday, August 6 at 6:30 pm, Kevin's long battle with cancer finally ended. Kevin & Tera had traveled to Peoria, Illinois, along with most of his family for his sisters wedding.
Before leaving Utah, Tera said to Kevin, "Now don't you die on me on this trip".
In reply, Kevin said, "What better way to go than to be surrounded by the ones I love."
Thank you for all the love, prayers and support you have given Tera & Kevin through this trial. We are so grateful to have a knowledge of the ressurrection and know that we will see Kevin again. We find peace in knowing that he is free of pain and doing what he loves the most...teaching the gospel.
We will post more information about the funeral which is to be held on Saturday, August 16.
3 weeks ago

18 comments:
Tera,
We were so sorry to hear about Kevin. We think that you are both such AMAZING people and our hearts are broken with your loss. I am glad that we are neighbors and more importantly friends. We are here for you and love you!
Mary and Owen Mecham
My heart breaks for you, and for his family and yours. Kevin is a great man, and one who has touched so many lives.
He has been so lucky to have you, Tera, by his side to the end.
Sending lots of love and prayers your way.
~Melyn
Sorry for your loss. Kev was a great guy.
he will be missed.
brooks d.
Tera, my heart goes out to you and I admire the strength and courage you too have shown as you have stood next to your husband. I am sorry to hear of your sweet loss. My prayers are with you and I am sending as much love to you as I can!
God Bless!
Jen Garcia
Tera, you are in our prayers. Kevin will be missed always.
Tera, you and Kevin are in my thoughts and prayers. You have both been great examples to me. Kevin's presence will be missed, but his influence will never leave.
Jim Washburn
Tera,
Me heart goes out to you; you are in my prayers.
Love,
Darcy
Tera,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad that I had the chance to go to the movies with you and Kevin 2 weeks ago. I hadn't seen him for so long and it was good to see him one last time.
I met Kevin our freshman year at BYU, Kevin was always a great example to myself and all of our apartment, he was a peace maker.
I shared rooms in our 2 different apartments post mission for 2 years, and grew to have much respect for Kevin. He was an example to me in many ways. He examplified the Savior in many ways. I learned a lot from him the years that we were roommates.
Kevin was a great friend to all who knew him. I grieve with you during this time of loss of a friend, and at the same time I rejoice for Kevin knowing that he has completed his earthly mission, his pain is gone, he has returned home to a loving Father in Heaven.
May our Father in Heaven bless you during this time! Kevin was a great man, he blessed many lives, and I consider myself blessed to have known him and been friends with him.
God bless!
Jason Plott
Tera,
I am so thankful that we have gotten to know you and Kevin. We were deeply saddened to hear of your loss. I know that I cannot say anything to lighten your load at this time but I honestly want you to know that you can call me/us for ANYTHING! and I hope you will! My kids are still asking to walk Millie so let us take Kevin up on his offer and take her for a walk sometime. He was definitely an example to all. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Laura Woodbury and Family
Tera,
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart broke when I heard of the news. I don't know you, except for waving to you as you passed my house, and I feel so badly about that. I pray that you and your families will be comforted at this most difficult time.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
Kim and Ryan Budge
Tera,
I just want you to know how much I love you, admire you, think of you, and pray for you. I am lucky to have met you nearly nine years ago and to know Kevin as well. You are an amazing person and someone I will never forget, no matter how much time has passed. You will continue to be in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.
Lots and lots of love,
Jen
I just wanted to let you know how Kevin blessed my life. We worked in the grad lab together at BYU. Every morning when I would come in I would find Kevin reading the scriptures. He not only read them, but he lived them. He was such as great example to be of what it means to be a Christ-like person.
I can't wait to have chair races with him again in the resurrection.
My prayers are with you.
Scott Larson
Oh my sweet, sweet Tera. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that there's probably not much I can do or say to make you feel better, but please let me know if there is ANYTHING you need. Even if you just want someone to talk to. You are such an wonderful, strong person. I love you!
Tera,
I love you so much!! I am so sorry to hear about Kevin. You are amazing. How strong you have been for him through this battle. You will be in our prayers. I think of you often and our days at Ricks and BYU. Love you lots!!! Alysha
Dear Tera,
We were very sorry to hear of the loss of Kevin. Moe was so impressed by his knowledge of the gospel and I loved his optimistic attitude towards life! What a great example of how to live life!
Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Please let us know if we can do anything for you or your family.
Maurice (Moe) and Tara Mitchell
Dear Tera and family, you don't know me or my family. We are friends of Allie and Troy, and just want you to know you are in our prayers. We pray that you and your family will receive the confort and sweet peace that can only come through the Holy Ghost. We know that only that way you can receive the strength to go on, and to endure this trial. Thank you for your great example of love and strength to all those around you. I admire you without knowing you personally. May the Lord bless you, with faith, hope and valor, this is our sincere prayer.
Love
Diana and Rob Anderson
Our prayers are with you. Kevin was a great friend/co-worker at BYU and he will be missed.
Jacob & Halle Condon
Tera,
Eric and I were wondering if we could get your address. We have something we would like to send you. It was great seeing you at Costco. We hope you are doing well. Have a great week!
Trisha Ashford
Post a Comment