This post probably won't make any sense to you people, but I needed to vent or share or whatever this post is!
There are some days when every thought I have is negative. Nothing is going right. Everything is wrong with me, with the world. I hate those days. I don't know why I even entertain those thoughts, but I do. The last 3 1/2 years I have noticed have held more of those days than I like to admit. Partly because I feel like there are so many unfulfilled dreams. So many things I still want to experience, but which are impossible without a significant other. I feel like I am stagnant-in every aspect of my life. Discouraging!
As I sat in sacrament meeting I was trying to ponder the feelings I have and why. I still haven't found the magic answer. I wish I had. But I felt like maybe I could handle life a little better. I could have a positive attitude. I could make sure things were going right. I can accept me for me and work on me. As I work on me, the world would improve. I don't have to entertain those thoughts.
Those unfulfilled dreams aren't really unfulfilled. Everything is made right through the atonement. Why do I forget that? And I know that all those dreams that I have, even though they are not happening according to my time schedule, will happen. Things will work out. And it will work out in a much better way if I change my attitude and way of thinking.
I have a lot going for me. I am the luckiest girl to be able to live in this free country. I am lucky because I have the most incredible support system in the world...my family and the gospel. I am lucky because I have a healthy body that allows me to serve (if I just choose to!). I am lucky because I have a sincere desire to do good. I am lucky because I have the most amazing friends and co-workers, a good job, challenges that push me, a home that is perfect for me, the ability to think for myself, a chance to be human and make mistakes and make it better. I am pretty lucky! I can make my own dreams come true. I just have to remember what I DO have...little snippets of fulfilled dreams.
4 weeks ago

2 comments:
Life is so hard sometimes. But we are lucky to have the Gospel to help us through those hard times, and remind us that things will work out. Now if only I could always remember that instead discouraged too! You are so strong and an amazing example to many!! Love ya!
Love you, Tera.
Post a Comment