Sunday, July 24, 2011

CALIFORNIA

My friend Heather and I went to California for a week! It was SO much fun. Many thanks to Heather for fretting and stewing and worrying. AND thanks to her family for the amazing accommodations and food. It was a huge success in my book!

Day 1
Load up car
Drive straight to Visalia
Dinner
Hot tub

Day 2
Sequoia National Park
Saw a bear
Loved the fog-who knew?!
Walked to the biggest tree in the world (volume of wood)
Fun ice cream shop
Shopping

Day 3
Pack up
Head to Morro Bay beach house
Eat some great fish and chips
Lay out at the beach
Walk the pier
Groceries
Chat it up

Day 4
Walk on the beach and collect TONS of sand dollars
Relax
Shopping
Yummy deli
Hang out at the beach
Fish dinner
Wander Morro Bay


Day 5
Morning walk on the beach
Enjoy starfish
Church
Nap
Yummy crockpot dinner
Another walk on the beach


Day 6
Donuts
Walk on the beach
Clean up the beach house
Santa Barbara
Thousand Oaks and some shopping
Bed (exhausted!)

Day 7
No pictures-I know you are sad about that!
Brave the LA traffic to go shopping-find NOTHING
Drive to Vegas
Relax by pool

Day 8
Leave South Point
Wander Vegas
Shop
Drive home :(

Most memorable:
Ice cream everyday! Literally.
Constant road construction
License plate game (found 45!)
The sand dollars
Hanging out at the beach
LOTS of shopping.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Miss Jackson-Jeffs! I do believe you are more beautifuller than when we lived together. How is that even possible!?! It looks like you had a blast in CA. Miss you!

Jen@Because I can said...

Looks like you have had a very fun summer! I just got to Utah today...we will have to meet up!

lisa said...

Too much fun!! We're glad that you're back though! Love you