Monday, February 14, 2011

I thought I was going CRAZY!


Happy Valentine's Day. Don't you love this photo?! Hopefully you actually see the heart in the hands. Shadows are fun. Anyway, that is not what this post is about.

I really thought I was going crazy the other night. It was Friday, and I had just sat down to eat a little dinner. I was watching Who's the Boss? and muchin' away when all of the sudden, it seemed like a gust of wind swept through my house. It felt strange on my feet and the pantry door rattled. I thought I had a ghost in my house or some hidden stranger or something. See, thing is, I have never been afraid to be in my house alone, but all of the sudden I was terrified! I did the first thing I could think of...I called my mom. Moms make everyone feel better. Anyway, she listened to my crazy story and we decided there was nothing to be afraid of. Thanks mom!

Fast forward to Sunday. My good home teachers (seriously, they really are great!) stopped by for a visit. Somehow we were chatting and during the conversation Brother C said something about an earthquake in our area. Actually 3 over the weekend. I said that something strange had happened, and wondered if an earthquake had occurred on Friday, at 7:38 pm. Guess what? It did! I am not crazy after all and there are definitely no ghosts! (Silly me. Of course there aren't ghosts!) So, I felt a 2.5 magnitude earthquake. No big deal, right?! I don't think so. I am sort of scared of earthquakes. One tiny earthquake was enough for me!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Cool picture, and weird earthquake. I wanted to let you know that the missionaries were over showing some things on Mormon.org, and we saw your profile!! It was fun for all the kids to see your picture pop up when we typed in Jeffs. Just thought I'd let you know.

Allie said...

Tera! I was scared for you! So glad it wasn't a ghost, but I'm not sure that an earthquake is any better! :) Comfort in knowing that's what it was though!