I thought that by the time I turned 30 I would feel so much older and wiser. Not the case. Thank goodness! This landmark birthday ended up being a great day! Some of the festivities included...
a "cheesy" party at school (the kids just happened to earn a party on my birthday)
cute birthday wishes from 6th graders
thoughtful birthday wishes from coworkers (I share a birthday with another teacher at my school...same DAY and YEAR)
a much enjoyed, much needed pedicure with Kim after school (great conversation and so relaxing)
dinner at harvest with my fam and Dawn
Costco cupcakes and candles
and
2 BIG surprises.
cute birthday wishes from 6th graders
thoughtful birthday wishes from coworkers (I share a birthday with another teacher at my school...same DAY and YEAR)
a much enjoyed, much needed pedicure with Kim after school (great conversation and so relaxing)
dinner at harvest with my fam and Dawn
Costco cupcakes and candles
and
2 BIG surprises.
BIG SURPRISE #1
I told my dad that I was looking for a TV. If he found one, he could buy it and I would pay him. What do I know about TV's? So what did I find in my living room after dinner on Friday? It is so fun to have this new TV, but even better than that gift (that brought me to tears) was the fact that each member of my family sacrificed to give me something nice for my birthday. The sacrifice and love of my family members means more to me than the actual gift. (Which is the real reason for the tears. Very overwhelmed!) So I am sending each of you a very heartfelt thanks!BIG SURPRISE #2
No, I didn't have a baby! This cute little baby is now named after me! What better gift could I have received on my birthday?! I had NO idea and the Blakes made the cutest video to surprise me. (Might have brought me to tears AGAIN!)So I guess turning 30 has made me more emotional! Thanks to so many for the kind birthday wishes. It turned out much better than I ever expected!


7 comments:
So glad you had a fantastic birthday! What a wonderful family you have!
You are the best! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!
Glad you had a great birthday! That is so cute that you have a namesake! She has a great example to look up too, as do all who know you! Love ya!
Ahhhh, I wish WE could have been there to celebrate too! :( We sure love you and hope you know that! Can't wait for you to come see us!
I am glad you had such a great day! And what incredible suprises!! Love you.
Welcome to the 30s : ). It's great!!
That darling baby has a beautiful name, after a beautiful woman.
Sounds like you had a great day! I am coming up on the big 30 and am a little nervous! I feel old! but think of myself as a teeny bopper still. Oh how I LOVE Costco cake!!!! but oh their frosting- yummy!!! YOu really do have an awesome family!! I too am always thankful for awesome family to help me through this life. Love you!
Post a Comment